Associate Professor of Practice
Dr. Zuo teaches agribusiness management, finance, economic principles, and food economy. She was a visiting faculty member at Eastern Kentucky University from August 2015 to May 2016, where she taught seven courses related to agribusiness and advised a student team competing in the 2016 Alltech Innovation Competition.
Her research examines issues of natural resource development with a focus on the interaction between fossil fuel extraction and community development. She also studies instructional pedagogies, including collaborative learning and inclusive teaching.
Dr. Zuo is originally from Shandong, China. She was an undergraduate at Shandong University and master's student at Shanghai University of Finance and Economics.
- Ph.D., Agricultural Economics, University of Kentucky, 2017
- M.S., Economics, Shanghai University of Finance and Economics, 2011
- B.S., Finance, Shandong University, 2009
Awards & Honors
- Western Agricultural Economics Association (WAEA) Outstanding Undergraduate Teaching Award, 2022
- Gerald J Swanson Prize for Teaching Excellence, 2022
- Bart Cardon Early Career Faculty Teaching Award for the College of Agriculture and Life Sciences, 2020
- Wildcat Family Spirit Award, Classified Staff Council at UA, 2019
- Graduate Student Teaching Award, AAEA, 2017
- AREC/PPEL 210, Understanding the World of Commerce
- AREC 297, Excel Applications for Economic Analysis
- AREC 304, Intermediate Production and Consumption Analysis
- AREC 315, Agribusiness Economics and Management
- AREC/NAFS 365, The Food Economy - Efficiencies, Gaps and Policies
- AREC 450/550, Financial Management for Agribusiness
Brown, R., Hamilton, L., Kiesel, K., Treme, J. and Zuo, Na, 2021. Pedagogical Pivot-Faculty Reflections on the Rapid Transition to Virtual Teaching During COVID-19. In Western Economics Forum,19 (1): 120-129.
Brown, R., Buck, S., Kibler, M., Penn, J. and Zuo, Na, 2021. Course-related student anxiety during COVID-19: A problem and some solutions. Applied Economics Teaching Resources (AETR), 3(1): 1-21.
Zuo, Na, and Zhong, H. 2020. Can Resource Policy Reverse the Resource Curse? Evidence from China. Resource Policy, 68 (2020): 101733.
Kiesel, K., Zuo, Na, Plakias, Z.T., Pena-Levano, L.M., Barkley, A., Lacy, K., Hanson, E. and Treme, J. 2020. Increasing Student Engagement in a Changing Academic Environment. Applied Economics and Teaching Resources, 2 (3): 15-28.
Brown, R., Zuo, Na, Shockley, J. and Buck, S. 2019. An Authentic Learning Approach to Group Assignments: An Analysis of Student Attitudes. Applied Economics and Teaching Resources 1 (2): 1-13.
Wilson, P.N. and Zuo, Na, 2019. Outstanding Seniors: Where Have All the Young Men Gone?. Applied Economics and Teaching Resources 1 (2): 31-42.
Brown, R., Zuo, Na, Shockley, J. and Buck, S. 2019. The Project Manager/Private Contractor Approach to Group Assignments. Applied Economics and Teaching Resources 1 (2): 64-73.
Zuo, Na, Schieffer, J., Buck, S. 2019. The Effect of the Energy Boom on Schooling Decisions in the U.S. Resource and Energy Economics 55: 1-23.