Hi! I am Danielle Buhrow Undergraduate Senior Academic Advisor I & Graduate Program Coordinator in the Department of Agricultural & Resource Economics, which is in the College of Agriculture and Life Sciences. During Summer, Fall 2020 and Spring 2021, virtual academic advising will be provided via Zoom or telephone, in person sessions are suspended at this time.
Although I am not a native Tucsonan, I have called Tucson home for many years. UArizona has been my professional home for the past 8 years and within this time I have been an academic advisor for 7 years, of which 5 years have been with this department. I am a Wildcat at heart, not only do I work here to serve students, the campus overall and all stakeholders, I also earned a Communication B.A. from UArizona. I look forward to guiding you on your path to earning a Bachelor's and Master's degree and be an overall resource for you.
I hold active memberships in the University of Arizona-University Professional Advising Council (UPAC), National Academic Advising Association (NACADA) member, and NASPA Student Affairs Professionals in Higher Education. I also hold Ally certifications from various campus Centers including Safe Zone, Veterans Alliance, and I am an accomplice to the student populations of undocumented, DACA and immigrant students. I have attended trainings offered by the UA Immigrant Student Resource Center (ISRC) including the ISRC Intro Training and ISRC/Scholarships A-Z Educators Conference. Each academic year I have, and will continue to attend 10 or more professional development workshops/trainings/conferences/webinars.
What are my Top 5 Clifton Strengths you ask? 1.) Achiever, 2.) Relator, 3.) Responsibility, 4.) Adaptability, 5.) Communication. Preferred pronouns: she, her, hers.
My advising availability can be found in eSMS, navigate to https://student.esms.arizona.edu/ to view my availability, which is updated each week for future weeks.
Feel free to email your questions and if I can't answer them via email, I will ask you to schedule an appointment so we can discuss in person. My email address is email@example.com
If you are interested in our Master of Science degree, I am happy to discuss over email, during an appointment in Zoom or telephone call to review any questions you have. Visit our graduate programs page for details about both programs of study https://economics.arizona.edu/graduate/overview
When the time comes that we return to in person services again, my office is located in McClelland Park room 308A. McClelland Park is at 650 N. Park Ave., across the street from Park Student Union.
Awards, Special Memberships and Recognition:
- Recipient: 2020, Global NACADA Outstanding Advising Award - Certificate of Merit - Primary Advising Role
- Recipient: 2019-2020, NACADA, Region 10 Excellence in Advising - Advisor Primary Role Certificate of Merit, The Global Community for Academic Advising
- Recipient: 2019-2020, University of Arizona Program for Excellence in Undergraduate Academic Advising Award, Professional Advisor Level
- Recipient: 2018-2019, Outstanding Administrative Advocate for Graduate & Professional Students, awarded by the Graduate & Professional Student Council
- Recipient: Fall 2017, Outstanding Staff in Support of Instruction & Student Success, College of Agriculture & Life Sciences
- SafeZone; and Veterans Alliance certifications held/active, and Ally of Undocumented, DACA & Immigrant Students
- Active UArizona UPAC and Wayfinders member
Communication B.A., University of Arizona